I am working on this gorgeous wedding gown – adding sleeves and a higher neckline - for an adorable bride. I hope she’s also pretty strong, because this is one heavy dress!
It’s not possible to match the embroidery on the bodice perfectly, so the best plan is to match the skirt. The bride chose tulip sleeves, which go really well with the overall look of the dress. She decided that adding embellishments around the front of the sleeves would be perfect, but it proved to be a problem! I could not find any pieces at the craft stores around town – they just don’t carry them any more.
So I decided to make some myself using my new embroidery machine. I found some similar patterns and embroidered them onto sheer material.
Now comes the hard part! I am (slowly) sewing them all on and adding silver thread around each one. And after that I’ll still have all the beading to do. Very time-consuming, but very pretty!